Thursday, October 22, 2009

Elan #645

First Impressions in Black and White

I've never used an Elan pattern, so I figured I should sew up the ones I have to check the instructions and fit so that the tutorials will be better. I started from scratch, retaking my measurements and ended up making a 34C, which I was hoping would fit, as some patterns I've sewn have been really close, good enough to wear, but not perfect. I was seriously surprised - this is the best fitting bra I've made by far!

I've used leftover fabrics and supplies from other projects, and was pleased with the outcome.

The fit is very good, with the band tight enough for good support and the bridge the right size so that it touches the chest wall like it should. The bridge is the part that isn't quite right on the other patterns I've tried. They've all been close and good enough, but not like this. You can see how close the channels are on the wrong side in the photo below:

I'm very pleased with this one and have high hopes for Elan #511. I will sewing up Elan #511 this weekend as a test so stay tuned for that one. After that I will sew up two more of each style so that I can document the step by step tutorials with extra tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment