Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Elan #511

Elan #511 is different from #645 in that #511 is a partial band bra, while #645 is a full band bra. The fit is relatively the same, and again I've used some leftover supplies to make this bra.

Overall, I'm very happy with the fit of this one too, and I'd only make one small change to the next one I make. I would add just a little more to the side of the upper cup for a little more coverage at the underarm. This one is fine and I'll wear it as it, but in the next version I'll fix that. I just need to angle that side up a little more from the point where the solid meets the lace and out about 1" or so from the top edge when I cut out the lace, as shown in the red lines below.

The pattern is well written and I only changed one little thing - I did not gather the center front of the bridge. I can only see one potential issue with the pattern and that is how wide to make the bridge. That, of course, is personal to whoever will be wearing the final product. The piece that you cut out is plenty wide for a variety of sizes, but you'll need to size it for yourself. I was fortunate enough to have the #645 to compare the width of the bridge, and just made it that length. If you have a bridge that fits properly, then you can cut this one to the right length without a bit of basting and trial/error. I'll discuss this more in the tutorial for this style when we get there.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the bridge information!